Neko

Writing Contest!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

Writing Contest!

Go down 
+3
Angel
viperess
Tato
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tato
Admin
Tato

Awesomeness : 0

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm currently writing a story, and I need help writing.
Are YOU a good writer?
Do YOU have the guts to message me for moar details?
Will YOU be the one to win a special prize?
Reply with a sample of your amazing work.
Please? xD
Back to top Go down
viperess

viperess

Awesomeness : 24

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:55 am

I'm not very discriptive, but here is some of what I've been working on recently:
MOUNTAIN LION
Athena stopped dead in her tracks. A twig had snapped. She turned to find a mountain lion staring her in her big, beautiful face.
Athena was a big, beautiful Arabian mare with a strong will and a big mouth, but she had an even bigger heart when it comes to someone she knows and loves. But when it came to someone she hate, her fury and anger could cause deaths.
Today, she was looking for a good grazing spot for her herd. She hadn’t expected anything to happen on the trip, so no stallion came with her. She was alone, facing a deadly predator. But that wasn’t a problem.

P.S: I only put in some of the first chapter, its WAY to long
Back to top Go down
http://scarletrose.proboards.com/
Angel
Admin

Awesomeness : 10
Location : Getting bitten by Tato,aka trying to wake her up XD

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Heh. Are you crazy sister? Just come to me.XD

Zarr pranced towards the forest,his large,white head in a snaking motion,his white coat gleamed like a star in the moonlight,he snorted and breathed through his wide,black notrils. He lifted up his large,black hooves' higher like the gentile Arabian he was. His blue eyes flashed in the night,sparkling for attention. The crisp air ripling his long,white mane. He snorted and looked deep into the lush,wicked forest.
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

Awesomeness : 25

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:45 am

Ookami was under his maple tree when the storm started. He knew something was coming but never imagined it could be this bad. He had seen the dark sky that threatend snow and he had seen the green tint to the clouds. But he underestimated it. The snow fell in tons around him, he could barely see three feet in front of him. Then the wind picked up, the maple tree where he resided creeped and swayed, Ookami knew he had to get out of there. He bolted forward into the snow and wind. He squinted his eyes, trying to see in front of him. His thick and shaggy coat was no match for the cold and it blew wildly around in the wind. He had no clue where he was going so he just ran as fast as he could, waiting to see if he would find any tall structures that would provide good shelter.
He traveled for what seemed like forever, just running forward. At least he thought he was rung forward, he probably changed direction quite a bit in the last half an hour. Finally a large tower came into view, Ookami had never been here before but from what he could see it would make a good shelter. He would never imagine what was going to happen though...

Ookami walked up to the tower, he had to pick his feet up high, trying to trek through the snow. He made it up the hill finally, after slipping down numerous tines. He was exhausted and he collapsed at the top of the hill. He lay there as the snow started covering his body. His senses were dragged away and he was slowly being buried in the snow. He finally realized what was happening when the cold snow had covered him up to his neck. His eyes widened and he wiggled around, the snow wouldn't give in though. He tried to stand but the snow was pair so tightly that he had absolutely no succes in getting out of his cold tomb. He sighed, not giving up he dig his claws into the snow and pushed forward, he only moved a little bit. The snow was quickly beginning to cover his head. He whimpered and pushed one final time, using all his strength he managed to get out of the snow. He was ready to collapse again but knew that if he did that he would just wind up in the same sutuation he had just barely managed to get out of.

He approached the tower, he couldn't see it that great but he could see enough. He circled the tower, looking for an entrance. He couldn't find one. He kept circling it, his side pressed right up against the wall. Finally his side entered a missing part of wall. He looked at it, it was no missing wall it was the entrance. He smiled and entered it. He walked up to the middle of the stairs. Finally he was away from he swirling snow and epic winds. He sighed as he curled up in a ball. He was not used to this.. Where he comes from it didn't even snow, so he had no idea where this storm would be heading. It scared him, being so helpless and not having a clue. He was kind of angry with himself too, usually he would be out in the middle of a hurricane looking for people who were trapped or needed help, but here he was, under shelter and curled up like a scardey cat whimpering helplessly.

He stayed in a ball for over an hour, trying to heat himself up. He could hear the wind growing stronger outside and it whistled in the various holes that were in the thick walls. He unfurled and climbed up the status a little farther. He once again laydown in a tight ball and closed his eyes. Somehow he managed to fall asleep. It was a deep and dreamless one... Something that he had not been able to have for a very long time.
Ookami woke to a creaking. He didn't know what it was, probably just a tree outside that was about to buckle and fall to he ground. He ignored it, trying to close his eyes again, then the creaking grew louder. His eyes snapped open and he looked around, that was no tree, how in the world would he hear it above the screaming wind, especially inside a thick walled building such as this one.. He jumped up, he knew what that sound meant. He began to run down the stairs, wishing that he had stayed at the bottom. He tripped though and flipped over, rolling down the stairs. His ankle caught on something and he felt it begin to break, he manuervered his body, making it so all his ankle did was pop out of place and a few ligaments torn. He yelled out from the pain, it was better than breaking it though, well at least he hoped it was.

The creaking kept getting louder, but Ookami couldn't move, he rolled over on his back and watched as the tower started to collapse. His eyes opened wide and he watched as the bricks began to fall around him, slowly at first. then it started to speed up. He rolled back over and used his three good legs to push against the ground. His left back leg was limp and he couldn't move it. He managed to reach some sort of alcove but was unable to get inside all the way. The tower gave out completely, bricks and debis fell ontop of Ookami, a couple landing on his head, His head however was mostly safe so all it did was knowl him out, not crush his skull. The heavy bricks covered his body... and he lay.. knocked out and helpless...

Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
Alex

Alex

Awesomeness : 20

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Wow.   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 pm

O.O
-.- O.O -.- O.O
O.O

Wow.

YOU.
ARE.
AWESOME!

I was gonna enter, but I don't think I can beat THAT!

o.o wow o.o

That was some good stuff. Could you continue the story? XD I wanna know what happened to Ookaaamiiiiiiii!!! Waaaaaaaaa!! lol wow awesomeness 101% cool
Back to top Go down
http://landofhorses.createaforum.com
PewDiePie

PewDiePie

Awesomeness : 40

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re:Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Polka Dot trotted on her own for the first time but face planted once more as she was trotting it began to snow she started slowly cantering looking for shelter she tripped over a rock and face planted again she got up and started into a gallop not very fast though she heard a growl coming from behind her in the woods, a Lynx leaped out at her, she neighed and started galloping for her life as she was galloping a flash back came into her head she still galloped she heard the neighs of young colts and fillies she had for friends when wolves had attacked only killing her friends, their parents, and hers.She continued to gallop away she knew she was just 2 months old as she shook herself back to reality she started galloping more and more faster the Lynx easily kept up with her and almost bit her leg, luckily she kicked in the air hitting its mouth not doing much damage.She saw it was furious and she galloped faster but then slid across the snow, into a icy cold river, she drifted off in the river slowly, away...As she watched the Lynx she quickly scampered out and she saw the Lynx leap across and started after her again as the Lynx chased her...she lost energy...she was in trouble, if she lost all her energy she would be a snack for the Lynx she quickly took a sip of water and galloped off she was lucky that she found a cave she quickly galloped into it and hid in the dark carefully while the Lynx ran off she didn't know where to go next.........

Polka Dot came out she didn't know that there was 2 Lynxs on the roof of the cave they both leaped at her she quickly escaped from the Lynxs, 2 wolves appeared out of the woods and chased her as well, her heart was racing at that point she was scared.She galloped faster than she ever did she leaped a river landing in it a couple mile in it, as she saw them leap and the wolves swim across she got a good 10 second start until the Lynxs started to chase her.As she galloped she kept up well with her speed, her speed she guessed was about 22.10 MPH. she was happy at her speed but still galloped for her life, as she was galloping she saw a herd but the herd quickly galloped away from hunters and she quickly turned, kicking the wolf that was close up to her tail in the mouth not doing much damage like last time.She needed help.Lots of it.She was Lost, Alone, And being chased.Would there be anyone to help her..? She continued galloping then slowed to a canter she thought that cantering is faster than galloping and now cantered faster than 22.10 MPH.she didn't guess her speed at that point, she just kept running.when she got to a steep hill, she decided....either brake her legs from jumping or stumble downward...she didn't choose either. Infact she followed her heart and it told her to turn and leap on there backs.......

Polka Dot did what her heart told her to, then cantered off and jumped a small river leaving dust in their faces they got furious and chased after her at full speed.She cantered as fast as she could they were soo close to her and bit her tail ripping some of it off she neighed and reared then quickly leaped and kicked one in the face, not doing much damage but enough to make it go crazy with anger.She was frightened.Not because of them....Because of her tail it was dripping with blood she was not turning around.she quickly leaped a small ditch while they chased after her faster and faster she didn't know what might happen to her...so she stopped and acted dead ,
they didn't buy it and she got up and quickly tried to canter but a wolf grabbed her boney back leg and threw her a little ways off she tried getting up but she couldn't....she stumbled and fell, she lied there hurt and bleeding the same wolf bit her neck and snarled holding a smirk in it, Her life flashed before her eyes......

Polka Dot lied there...motionless....the wolves let out a howl while the lynxs let out a roar, they began to fight on who gets the filly...she slowly limped over away from them and neighed for help....she watched them fight but still bleeding from her leg and neck, they killed each other apparently...she was alone and scared again but needed help more help...as she bleeded from the neck she heard wild sheep bleating, as she neighed once more, a giant black stallion saw her but ignored her...
she was lying there bleeding to death her eyes closed she only was knocked out from losing too much blood, the giant black stallion cantered over to her quickly. Then went back to the bleating sheep and chased them off, the snow covered her like a blanket , a beautiful white feathery blanket....

Polka Dot woke up her wounds healed up from the snow..she got up and cantered to the cave and slept there...not noticing a tiger in the cave with her but it was a nice tiger and layed down next to her purring, she cuddled againist its warm fur and sleeped more the tiger started to lick her like she was a baby tiger cub...and she enjoyed it very much...the next day she woke up but then went back to sleep she was very sleepy so she slept everyday she just felt like it...she didn't starve that much she munched on the grass that grew out of the snow, and went to sleep again...thats how she survived very well....she lived for until she turned 1 year....

(Not what i HAD but this is HOW it WOULD go...Lawl)
Back to top Go down
Moonbeam321

Moonbeam321

Awesomeness : 20

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 pm

part of The book I'm writing called: Surviving Love-a love story

Lily opened her eyes to find herself in a dim room. She was lying on the ground,her hands and wrists bounded with tape.Tape was flaid firly across her mouth too. She looked around for help.She needed to hide from Jake-fast.Jake was Lily's ex-boyfriend,ever since she had dumped him,he had vowed to get revenge. Alexis closed her eyes and tried to think .suddenly,A hand snaked around her shoulder and squeezed Lily's boob. Lily snapped open her eyes came face to face to Jake.Jake grinned evily as he lay down against her."I told you i'll get revenge,,,",whispered Jake as he kissed her neck. Lily glared at him,but tears came to her eyes as she saw someone across the room.It was Mark,lil's boyfriend.His face was splattered with blood and he was beaten up and bruised.Mark'd shirt was torn and he lay still ,bound with ropes. Jake grinned at her.He slipped down her pants and shirt . Lily tried fighting back,but it was no use.
..........................An hour later...................

lily lay crying uder a sheet. All her clothes were off except for her underwear.She gazed across the room that Mark sadly.Jake lay next to her,still kisssing and touching her.Why?,thought Lily.

not as good the others XD
Back to top Go down
http://horsesrunningfree.forumotion.com/forum
viperess

viperess

Awesomeness : 24

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Hey, its better than mine. xD
Back to top Go down
http://scarletrose.proboards.com/
PewDiePie

PewDiePie

Awesomeness : 40

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re:Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Haha.I just noticed mine is as long as RockStar's xD. RockStar got 5 stanzas and so do i
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest!   Writing Contest! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Writing Contest!
Page 1 of 1