Neko

Trapped in My Own Despair.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

Go down 
2 posters

Is this good?
YES!
Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty25%Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty
 25% [ 2 ]
its alright.
Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty0%Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
room for improvment
 0% [ 0 ]
no i dont like it
 0% [ 0 ]
i didn't even read it
 0% [ 0 ]
its too long
 0% [ 0 ]
i LOVE it
Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty75%Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
RockStar

RockStar

Awesomeness : 25

Trapped in My Own Despair. Empty
PostSubject: Trapped in My Own Despair.   Trapped in My Own Despair. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 am

Please leave comments and if this is popular I will keep adding new parts to it! comment and vote!

Part 1
Ookami was under his maple tree when the storm started. He knew something was coming but never imagined it could be this bad. He had seen the dark sky that threatend snow and he had seen the green tint to the clouds. But he underestimated it. The snow fell in tons around him, he could barely see three feet in front of him. Then the wind picked up, the maple tree where he resided creeped and swayed, Ookami knew he had to get out of there. He bolted forward into the snow and wind. He squinted his eyes, trying to see in front of him. His thick and shaggy coat was no match for the cold and it blew wildly around in the wind. He had no clue where he was going so he just ran as fast as he could, waiting to see if he would find any tall structures that would provide good shelter.

He traveled for what seemed like forever, just running forward. At least he thought he was rung forward, he probably changed direction quite a bit in the last half an hour. Finally a large tower came into view, Ookami had never been here before but from what he could see it would make a good shelter. He would never imagine what was going to happen though... Ookami walked up to the tower, he had to pick his feet up high, trying to trek through the snow. He made it up the hill finally, after slipping down numerous tines. He was exhausted and he collapsed at the top of the hill. He lay there as the snow started covering his body. His senses were dragged away and he was slowly being buried in the snow. He finally realized what was happening when the cold snow had covered him up to his neck. His eyes widened and he wiggled around, the snow wouldn't give in though. He tried to stand but the snow was pair so tightly that he had absolutely no succes in getting out of his cold tomb. He sighed, not giving up he dig his claws into the snow and pushed forward, he only moved a little bit. The snow was quickly beginning to cover his head. He whimpered and pushed one final time, using all his strength he managed to get out of the snow. He was ready to collapse again but knew that if he did that he would just wind up in the same sutuation he had just barely managed to get out of.

He approached the tower, he couldn't see it that great but he could see enough. He circled the tower, looking for an entrance. He couldn't find one. He kept circling it, his side pressed right up against the wall. Finally his side entered a missing part of wall. He looked at it, it was no missing wall it was the entrance. He smiled and entered it. He walked up to the middle of the stairs. Finally he was away from he swirling snow and epic winds. He sighed as he curled up in a ball. He was not used to this.. Where he comes from it didn't even snow, so he had no idea where this storm would be heading. It scared him, being so helpless and not having a clue. He was kind of angry with himself too, usually he would be out in the middle of a hurricane looking for people who were trapped or needed help, but here he was, under shelter and curled up like a scardey cat whimpering helplessly.

He stayed in a ball for over an hour, trying to heat himself up. He could hear the wind growing stronger outside and it whistled in the various holes that were in the thick walls. He unfurled and climbed up the status a little farther. He once again laydown in a tight ball and closed his eyes. Somehow he managed to fall asleep. It was a deep and dreamless one... Something that he had not been able to have for a very long time.

Ookami woke to a creaking. He didn't know what it was, probably just a tree outside that was about to buckle and fall to he ground. He ignored it, trying to close his eyes again, then the creaking grew louder. His eyes snapped open and he looked around, that was no tree, how in the world would he hear it above the screaming wind, especially inside a thick walled building such as this one.. He jumped up, he knew what that sound meant. He began to run down the stairs, wishing that he had stayed at the bottom. He tripped though and flipped over, rolling down the stairs. His ankle caught on something and he felt it begin to break, he manuervered his body, making it so all his ankle did was pop out of place and a few ligaments torn. He yelled out from the pain, it was better than breaking it though, well at least he hoped it was. The creaking kept getting louder, but Ookami couldn't move, he rolled over on his back and watched as the tower started to collapse. His eyes opened wide and he watched as the bricks began to fall around him, slowly at first. then it started to speed up. He rolled back over and used his three good legs to push against the ground. His left back leg was limp and he couldn't move it. He managed to reach some sort of alcove but was unable to get inside all the way. The tower gave out completely, bricks and debis fell ontop of Ookami, a couple landing on his head, His head however was mostly safe so all it did was knowl him out, not crush his skull. The heavy bricks covered his body... and he lay.. knocked out and helpless...

Part 2

Jace left the others behind in the shelter they had found. she had a feeling that she should search for....what? she didn't know what. 'Stupid partial clairvoyance'. Her mother had always known who needed what and when, always knew exactly what to say to people, she had passed it onto Jace but only in a partial form. She trekked through the snow, searching for something, she winced and whimpered as her rear paw that she had been holding off the ground touched the snow. She was also ignoring the pain from her torn ear and her tail, all she knew was that there was something more at stake out in the wilderness than her being in a bit of pain.

She continued on, limping through the snow as the storm raged all around her, holding her damaged ear down as the wind howled and screamed. She shook herself, the snow that was settling on her body being flung away before it had a chance to melt and sink into her fur to freeze her skin and her body. It took an extra effort to drag her wounded body through the worsening weather. Suddenly she was trying to haul herself uphill and her fatigue increased, her strength waned and her resolve weakened, then she stopped; a loud rumbling noise reached her ears and she ducked down, curling in on herself, her tail wrapping over her paws as several large bricks came flying towards her, yelping as one of them struck her side.

When the onslaught stopped and the rumbling noise died away she uncurled her body and realized just how lucky she had been. Less than 100 meters from her, a large human tower had collapsed, throwing its brick work out as it hit the ground, broken wooden beams strewn all over, she noticed one had pierced a near by tree and gulped. Her heart was racing from the shock and terror, her feeling of searching had come to an end, instead a sickening lurch grasped her stomach and twisted. Had someone been inside that? Was that what she was searching for? Adrenalin rushed through her body, deadening her discomfort and pain and she raced forwards towards the sad, old destroyed tower, not even wincing as she put her weight on her bad leg or the wind dragged at her shredded ear.

"Hello? Is there anyone there?" She called out, slipping in the snow and falling onto her side. She pulled herself out of the drift and carried on, running all around the ruins, searching and calling. Bracing herself she plunged into the rubble and ruins, wading through the snow that was up to her chest. She howled, hoping if anyone was inside they would hear it, when she tripped over a large furry mass and landed again face down in the snow. Picking herself up a second time, she couldn't see what she'd fallen over until a large pile of snow groaned.

She nosed the snow off of the wolf, scraping at it with her paws, she smelt his scent before she saw his pelt but what she had scented made her dig faster, it was Ookami that was buried under the snow and rubble. She grabbed a few of the bricks that were laying on him in her mouth and tossed them away, she sniffed at his twisted leg and felt a pang of similarity, her own leg was beginning to hurt again, the adrenalin becoming ineffective. She had no way to drag him out apart from one, she couldn't shift to optime because then she wouldn't be able to stand at all with her bad leg. She knew Ookami was not luperci but a normal wolf, she also knew she could pass the luperci virus along with her bite. But she made the decision, different was better than dead.

She grabbed hold of the scruff of his neck in her jaws, getting a firm grip. She hoped that she wouldn't pass it along but if she did she hoped he could forgive her. Closing her jaws tighter she began to attempt to drag him from under the snow and rubble. He was very heavy even if the ancestors of her pack gave her extra strength for a female of her size. Rearranging her grip she whimpered as her teeth punctured his skin and she felt blood leak into he mouth. Slowly she began to drag him out from under the rubble, bit by bit, her muscles screaming in protest every time she heaved against his massive bulk. Her ear was throbbing and the wind whipped against it making it hurt even more, her tail was cold where she had lost the fur but she didn't give up on her new friend. Determined if it should come to it that he should live and herself die.

Part 3
Ookami had began to wake as he heard another faint yelp. It didn't register in his mind because he was still groggy and floating in and out of consiousness. He lay there, unable to move for some time. He didn't feel any pain and he didn't even realize what had happened. He shut his eyes and tried to move and pain shot up his leg from his twisted and torn ankle. It was popped out of the socket he realized, what he didn't know is that there were several ligaments torn in it as well. He groaned, he had a big headache and he was sore in many places. He could feel blood washing out from his body in serveral places.

He lay there, trying to feel what kind of injuries he had. He couldn't make them all out though. He tried to open his eyes but they stayed tightly shut. He thought he had something heavy laying ontop of his head and he tried to move it. But moving his head caused several painful pulses to throb against his skull. He whimpered and groaned again. Then he felt something trip over him. His hope sprung up inside of him and he felt the weight on his body begin to loosen. He felt something bite his neck and he felt some blood flow out before who ever it was began to pull him free. This caused the throbbing to sky rocket and made him pass out again.

He didn't know what had happened but when he woke up he was being dragged. His ankle hit a brick and he yelped out in shear pain. He tried to move and his eyes were finally able to open and what he saw shocked him. The building that he had been in had collapsed and that was what he had been buried under. He tried to look around him and he managed to catch a glimpse of another wolf. It was Jace. Jace had saved him. He couldn't help but smile. His ankled smacked against something again and he whimpered. How had she managed to pull him free, he was very heavy. Another throbe went through his head, and he could feel his consious slipping away... "Thank you Jace...." He managed to get the words out before his eyes shut and he was gone again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
RockStar

RockStar

Awesomeness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in My Own Despair.   Trapped in My Own Despair. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 am

Part 4

Jace continued to pull at the heavy beast, her jaws locked around his scruff, wishing for her life that she wasn’t passing the virus onto him but seeing no other choice. Soon enough she had dragged him clear of the rubble and also the small wall that was still standing just that she had been afraid would collapse on top of them as well. The limpness in the male's muscles made the task that much more difficult, the throbbing pain in her leg made is damn near impossible. She heaved and pulled and tugged, her muscles beginning to seize up slowly and painfully.

She jumped when he suddenly let out a yelp, letting go of his neck and falling back onto her haunches before leaping up almost immediately as her leg revolted violently against having her entire body weight pressed down against it. She stood panting and her heart going ten to the doze, holding her bad leg up against her body, her muscles shivering with the effort. She limped forwards and saw his eyes open, and try to focus on her, she smiled at him in an attempt at comfort however her smile was thin and forced and most likely not that comforting.

She heard his thank you before he rejoined the world of the unconscious and remained standing over him panting as she tried to regain some of her energy. She looked around wildly for any sign of life in the swirling white flakes and sighed again. She began to dig the snow away from his body all around him in a circle so that it would not melt and seep into his fur and chill him more. When she was satisfied that the snow was far enough away from him she took off towards the ruins of the old castle in a strange limping run that jarred her leg horribly.

She climbed back up the hill that was slick with snow, tumbling back down several times as Ookami had done earlier before making it to the top. She began to search through the ruins looking, aware that every second longer it took her more and more snow would land upon his motionless form. Nosing aside bricks, wooden beams and broken furniture she finally found what she had been searching for, The blanket was half buried in the snow and trapped underneath some fallen rubble. She grabbed the blanket between her teeth trying not to tear it and pulled it out from the rubble. It was fairly largish in size and would suit per purpose perfectly.

She ran out of the ruins with the blanket bunched up between her teeth, on her way down the hill she heard a soft, pained bleating. Looking between the slope of the hill and the direction the bleating was coming from, she turned and ran towards the bleating and came upon a lamb that had been hit by the rubble of the castle falling, she didn't know how she had missed the tortured sounds before. The lamb was in poor shape, bleeding from several woulds and holding one of its legs from the floor pretty much like she was doing. Jace dropped the blanket and charged towards the lamb, the confused herbivore bleating at her stupidly. She reached the lamb and grabbed its neck between her jaws, she twisted and snapped its neck in one clean move. The lamb was dead before it even had a change to realize it was in danger.

She gorged herself upon its rapidly cooling carcass, the heat from the chunks of meat the swallowed and having food in her stomach made her feel a lot better. When she had finished there wasn't much of it left, a new strength flowed through her and she ran back towards the blanket, gripping it between her jaws and running the rest of the way back down the slope and back to Ookami. With quick speed she swept the snow that had fallen onto him off of his body and draped the blanket over his body. It would help somewhat towards keeping him warm and also stop the snow from falling directly onto his body

She reapplied her jaws to his neck, her fangs once again puncturing his skin as she resumed her desperate attempt to find shelter for both of them. She was stronger now and able to drag him further with each pull, soon she was making progress and the tower was out of sight, swallowed up by the storm. As the snow began to build up on the blanket she had to frequently stop and shake the white flakes off before draping it back over his form again. She stopped for a second and raised her white, brown and black head to the sky and howled, asking for help from anyone who was nearby before resuming her dragging, her ears constantly swivelling and listening.

Part 5
The distant howl had all but been drown out by the sound of the wind. The dark furred wolfs ear perked as the sound entered his make shift den. The blizzard had come suddenly and with almost no warning, forcing Kami to find shelter fairly quickly. Slowly rising to his feet he neared the opening to the den and stuck his head out. The bitter cold wind and snow causing him to recoil a bit as he listened for any sign that the sound he had heard wasn't just his own imagination. His eyes narrowing as he peered out into the forest, with the heavy snow fall the visibility was not very good. Kami knew any soul who was without shelter in a storm like this wouldn't last long, and he didn't intend on freezing to death because the wind was playing tricks on him. He continued to stand and listen, occasionally shaking his head to remove the snow that would accumulate on his fur. " Hmmm." he mumbled to himself in irritation, turning around and heading back into the depths of his shelter.

" Hmmm?" he said again as the sound of howling echoed throughout the walls. This time he was sure of the call, and it worried him. It wasn't a voice that Kami could recognize, but it didn't really matter at this point. He once again turned towards the doorway, his eyes filled with a look of determination as he stepped out into the snow. The wind cutting through his fur as if each snow flake was its own little dagger. Gritting his teeth as he pushed slowly through quickly rising snow in what he could only hope was the direction of whoever sent out the call. As he looked over his shoulder at the path he had been taking he knew the chances of being able to relocate his little safe haven would be small. " Better then my chances of actually finding someone out here." he said to himself almost bitterly. This was certainly a fools errand, but he was unwilling to let someone die out here in this lonely place if he could do anything about it.

He walked forward, fighting the wind that threatened to blow him down on more then one occasion as he began to feel his muscles aching. Panting heavily grateful that at least the cool air did something to ease the burning of his lungs. As his golden eyes scanned the horizon, they fell upon something that caught his interest. It was a human den, not unlike the one he had been invited into on his first encounter with the wolfess Rendall. Despite Kamis reservations about the dwelling he couldn't help but think it would be worth the risk to escape this storm. With that in mind his eyes began searching again, he knew that a lot of the Valley wolves preferred living in these "cabins" Rendall had called them. It made sense that maybe the call had some from somewhere in this area. He would do his best to remember this place, but for now he had to press forward. Narrowing his eyes as he tried to peer through the snow, surveying everything around him he spotted what looked like the ruins of another old human structure on top of a hill that overlooked the valley he was standing in.

That is when he spotted what he was looking for, or at least he thought so. Out of the corner of his eye, a good distance away from the ruin structure he saw movement Though occasionally blinded by the gusts of wind that would carry the snow angrily into the black wolfs face he was fairly certain it was a single wolf. Planting his feet into the ground as he arched his back, sticking his muzzle into the sky a letting out as loud a howl as he could manage. Hoping the call would pierce the wind and reach whoever was out there. As the howl died off Kami set out with renewed vigor, the look of determination back in his eyes as he started heading towards the distant figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

Awesomeness : 23
Location : .....NARNIA. With ASLAN. And... that cute little mouse :3

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in My Own Despair.   Trapped in My Own Despair. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:33 am

wow xD thats great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in My Own Despair.   Trapped in My Own Despair. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1